Thursday, September 15

MAKE LEVEES, NOT WAR

Today on the corner of Olympic and La Cienega the hippies were out in full effect....with anti-war and bush signs...
One of the signs read:

Make Levees, Not War!

I agree and thought for one brief moment "Maybe I'll just quit my job jump out of the car and hold up a couple of signs myself." But then I caught a glimpse of my MAC glossed lips and neatly groomed dread locs, in the rearview mirror of the big, black, beautiful Suburban I have been driving around in and remembered I'm not a hippy. Nor am I the favored color for a "peaceful protest". My dark complexion would bring down the tear gas and grenades on the peacefulesque hippies on the corner, so instead I honked my horn in agreement, smiled gave them a thumbs up and kept it moving.

Protest for us all folks and folk singers.....

They put me in Forrest Gump mode. I could go for a dose of good ole' Tom Hanks tonight. I live in L.A., I work in Hollywood, so yes, everything is going to relate to a movie somehow. Good or Bad. (or a song...sometimes from a movie soundtrack.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what time of day did this happen? please don t quit dayna, i need you!

Dayna said...

I finally get the great K.C. and the Sunshine Band to grace my blog with his comment presence and you make the post anonymous....Whatever man!!!!!!!

Mahogany Elle said...

LOL... this post reminds me of an agreement my friends and I made. After divesting from our black student association in college, we agreed to hold "Revolution" meetings on Tuesdays when we grow up and *cough* sell out for the Range Rover... Just as long as there isn't a sale at Bloomie's on the same day! :)