Friday, March 24

AN ANGEL SPROUTS HER WINGS



Rain showers taper off to a light sprinkle.
A simple seed advances to a blooming bud.
Beams of sun burn through dark clouds.
A stalk peeks its narrow head through the mud.
A flower commences to life on earth.
And Mother Nature is made aware of her worth.

A human seed takes root through love.
A tiny heart, find it's first beat.
Protective walls of love form in a womb.
A baby in waiting discovers his feet.
Unbreakable bonds take form through birth.
And a woman, turned mother, is made aware of her worth.

Tears of joy, replace those of grief.
Birds chirp soul-easing songs of release.
God's heart smiles, the bells of heaven ring.
And Saint's gather in choir-like fashion to sing.

Every time......an angel sprouts her wings. ©

-Dayna Clark



For my beloved Great-Grandmother, who though she has left this trivial world in body, has created a legacy of love on earth and will always reign supreme in my heart. I am forever grateful for my Great-Angel, Minnie Pearl Clark.

4 comments:

Love Me Or Leave Me Alone said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My grandmother lost her battle with cancer last year and I STILL cry when I think about her... I'm tearing up as a write this to you. Keep your head up and always remember she's still with you...

Dayna said...

Thank you. My view on life has changed with this lost. I'm sure I'll still be tearing up a year from now myself. But....I guess we still have work to do here so I'm trying to care.

Anonymous said...

Dayna, that is a beautiful poem. I never had the pleasure of meeting minnie pearl but I can see through you that she had a great heart and loving spirit. I'm sure she's smiling and hoping that we're smiling right now too.

Love Ya babe, H

Dayna said...

I'm just seeing your comment woman. I almost forgot you lived in Los Angeles. Thanks for the love. I thrive off of it.