Saturday, June 25

Kudos

to computer programmers...Holy shit and for real. Is it really as tedious as it seems? Or is it just me? Granted I have only been on this thing for one day, but every time I check out someone else's awesome blog page, I want to add more links and photos and all the things that make my world go round.

It took God six days to create his world...so how could I dare to expect to create mine in one....sleep deprived and all....I hope my excitement for sharing continues. If it continues at this pace....I have a scenario for myself:

...three months pass...all my bills ie...rent....car payment...cell phone go unpaid: not even thought of....only my electricity bill and internet connection are paid through my savings in an electronic account.....another month....no running water, eviction notice and car is reposessed.....Soon, the landlady is forced to involve the authorities. They have to get in my apt. to see what the hell is going on...coming to take my belongings and drag me out....What they are greeted with upon breaking bolted door down.....A gross, smelly, wild eyed monster sitting at her computer typing like a madwoman. I'm reminded of a scene from "Death Becomes Her" two of my favorite actresses..Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn.
Flashback - It was the 80's, I was in High School, my Great-Grandmother (best woman in the world) sat reading her EBONY magazine. She's had a subscription since forever. Me reading over her shoulder, but really just purring like a well-fed kitten, she rips out a page and gives it to me...it's an EBONY READERS POLL.....stuff like...favorite actor, favorite singer....so on and so forth....well they actually had a question....Who is your most trusted White American? (Isn't that great). I was excited ran off to fill it out and send it in.....My answer was and still is....Goldie Hawn. I don't know why...just like her energy. Trust meaning politicians and celebrities- not Joe Average next door neighbor - some of my best friends are white :-) Flashback over

ANYWAY, in "Death Becomes Her" Goldie Hawn's fiance (Bruce Willis) leaves her for Meryl Streep, who plays an actress in the movie and Goldie Hawn lost her ever lovin' mind (I swear this movie is hilarious). End result....Cops break into her apt. She's gained a hundred pounds and she and her cats are surviving off of cake icing.....the cops struggle to pull her from in front of the TV where she keeps rewinding a movie scene where Madeline Ashton (Streep) is strangled to death.....

All that to say...that's how I'm serious about this Blog(today at least).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms Erdine Kudos to you. I would feel so nakkid sharing. Please let me know when you are published I want to be the first in line to purchase something. Girl I thought I was reading a Editorial on the stars or a who's who page straight outta Hollywood. Keep that Monster going.